This Spiralized Yam Salad is pretty special...
Do you spiralize? We love how the way you cut your veggies can totally transform them into something fun and new. We also love how kid-friendly spiralized vegetables can be. What kid would turn down something that looks like pasta? What adult for that matter?!
This salad is full of Fall flavours and is a refreshing change from traditional baked yams -- though we love them! Full of root veggies like beets and carrots, this salad is hearty but light. Its also vegan and gluten free!
Make this salad for a filling lunch or a light supper this week with organic ingredients from Wanigan delivered to your door!
Spiralized Yam Salad
- 2-3 medium yams, sweet potatoes or zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp each sea salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, basil
- 2 cups of chopped greens (kale, romaine, chard or spinach)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded beets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, raisins or currants
Serve topped with yams and your favourite dressing! A colourful, nutritious and fun Fall salad!